Thursday 6 February 2014

An event that has shaped my life and the person I have become

My life is not as happening as most people, I did not went through a lot, but this event was kept vividly on my mind since then and it made me to be a better person and who I am today.

I used to be a playful girl in my secondary school days, homework assignments and examinations were never my top priority at that point of time. During secondary 3 and 4, I would always top the class but unfortunately from the bottom. It never occurred to me that that I was not doing well in school and O levels would be a disaster for me. It was only until this Parent-Teacher meeting session that I had during the mid of secondary 4. My form teacher told my parents that I was a bad influence to my friends in class and with the grades that I was obtaining, I would not be able to enter into junior college nor polytechnic. After hearing what my teacher had said, I began studying more intensively. Thankfully, with all the hard work that I had put in, I was able to enter junior college, which I proved the teacher wrong.


After this event, I began to realize the importance of setting goals in my life and I had also changed my attitude towards school and studying. If it wasn’t for what my form teacher said back in secondary school, I would not be able to have such a drastic change and be who I am today. I am truly thankful for her.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Li Tiang, for this very honest reflection. In it you allude to how important will power is in order to initiate a change. What would make this a stronger post would be for you to have added jut a sentence or two about what you actually did to affect change.

    I'd also like to discuss this in class.

    I really appreciate the effort.

    ReplyDelete